Thursday, January 7, 2010

Oatmeal

I'm eating oatmeal because it's good for me, and while doing so, I think about my undying optimistic outlook on life.  I can't help it, that's who I am, and "that's how I roll" as someone once put it.  Optimism is what keeps me alive.  When everything topples over, when the rain dribbles down that hole in the ceiling and onto my head, optimism is what gives me hope, and I suppose that's a kind of faith too--faith in God that it's all gonna be good no matter what.  It always has, and I've never regretted a trial.  Never.

So I'll put on my yellow converse, and wrap myself in a blue peacoat.  I'll grab a bag of pretzels and I'll walk to work.  I'll put in my 20 hours and I'll feel good, because tomorrow is so unpredictable and I like the spontaneity of it all.  Life is good.  Call it my motto, but it keeps me alive, and going.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment